Friday 16 January 2009

Houston: the Samsung 6 Series LE40A686 has landed!

Wednesday: 

- 2.30pm, got delivery of the blueray player
- 3pm, got delivery of the TV!!

(Had delivery of LCD bracket on Tuesday)

Yeeha! Unfortunately, I have to go to the office and can't unpack there and then and start playing with the new toy!

DAMN! Life is hard sometimes!

11.30pm: got home... unpacked everything
YES, YES!

Unpacked my Samsung 6 Series LE40A686 (exact model number LE40A686M1FX)
(Also known by other model number like Samsung LE40A656 - no difference here apart from cosmetic, so I understand)
Hooked it up on the normal roof aerial: picture quality amazing - but not quite right
(I've never liked the freeview - there's just something missing!)
Hooked upto Sky... wow!! Brilliant! Amazing. Lost for words to describe.
OK: so if you stick your head next to the TV, you do see pixelating in parts - but this is true for LCD and plasma TV's, so not really something to complain about

Time now: 12.30 am, just past midnight... sssshh... be quite, the neighbours are asleep

I've decided: heck, I'm just going to drill as silently as possilbe and stick up the wall bracket!!
Time does not wait for anyman and I do not wait to get my new TV ready and installed!!

I get drill ready... get all my tools together like screws and other things: ready for action!
I take out the bracket from it's box and...... erm, I see the biggest rawplug I've ever seen in my life!

I already know I don't have it... but I still go through my drill bits to see if I have a macthing size!

****! What am I supposed to do now?? Taking the damn TV out is a fiddly thing... putting it back is even more fiddly!

Damn!! The TV will have to wait for another day to dawn - but I'm away for the WHOLE day the next day!!

Message to other buyers: check EVERYTHING AND make sure you have a giant drill bit!

The instructions for the wall bracket say that you need a 3/16 drill bit
I've got a 3/8 drill bit, but this seems to be too small

About the Samsung 6 Series LE40A686, see what Dixon's have to say:

"With exquisite design and unique harmonious qualities, the LCD TV Series 6 reflects nature’s essential elements. Its inspirational design evokes the depths of emotion that have never been seen on a TV screen before. The combination of premium performance and aesthetic elegance makes for a truly stunning TV that sets new standards."

I would back up every word of this! The TV is amazing and georgeous and beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment